[mythtv-users] MythTV Demo

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Thu Jun 14 18:56:38 UTC 2007

On Jun 14, 2007, at 11:52 AM, Greg Estabrooks wrote:

>> My main question is how did you get it to change channels so
>> quickly!!  Mine
>> takes an eternity compared to yours!
>

>  Change time varies a lot.  From my mainfrontend I can change channels
> in about 1 second using my PVR 250's and less than a second on my
> DVB/QAM card.
>
>  I've seen some people that take like 4 seconds which would drive
> me nuts.

I noticed there was no HD LiveTV in the demo. I imagine because it
takes a LOT longer to switch tuners and then get a lock on the
channel. It takes about 6-7 seconds for me to do that, about 2-3
seconds for a high def channel change when already on that tuner and
about 1-2 seconds switching channels on SD. I use a DirecTV D-11 box
with serial cable channel changes, so some of that time is lag in
waiting for the STB to switch and respond.