[mythtv-users] Announce: Configure Any Remote(s) Online for MythTV with LIRC Config

Matthew Bodkin lists at innovationone.ca
Thu Jun 14 16:36:57 UTC 2007

Hi All -

  We've built a framework and have over 400 users for a remote-config
and sharing site over at http://lircconfig.commandir.com/ .  It's a
value-add project of ours as the creators of the CommandIR USB
multi-blasting transceiver.

  There's been a few posts recently about remote configuring here and on
the LIRC list, so I thought I'd pipe-up and hope it's of use to some
people.

  In beta, you can:
- Find common remote codes - http://lircconfig.commandir.com/lircd.conf/
- Configure any remote for MythTV, Xine, Mplayer (generates your lircrc)
- Generate custom channel changing scripts for one or more set-top-boxes
(supports independent emitters).

  In 'experimental', you can:
- Configure "remote translators" - where your Myth box is the middle man
and "converts" button events from one remote into irsend commands to
control a different device
- Configure scripts & macros that sit PC side
- Configure "activity modes" - where you can "switch focus" to watch a
HDDVD direct to your TV, right from your Myth menu for example.

  My personal part in this is pushing for using any (1+) remote with
Myth and extend control to integrate other A/V devices.  "Converge" Myth
with external devices like HD DVD & Blueray that you might not want
passing through your PC, but would like to control via the same remote
and Myth menu.

  And the usual disclosure:  we make the multi-blaster
http://www.commandir.com designed for easier multiple device control and
sponsored/created the site.

Matthew