[mythtv-users] Installing the Antec Fusion volume control

Henry A Harper III hah at alumni.rice.edu
Thu Jun 14 16:05:36 UTC 2007

> I followed the instructions at
> <http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/LCDproc> to get my Antec Fusion
> VFD to work. In order to complete the task I needed to load the driver
> which I did by adding the line "/sbin/modprobe lirc_imon" to the file
> /etc/rc.local. Now, when LCDd is started during the boot sequence it
> fails because it cannot find /dev/lcd0 and asks "Did you load the iMON
> VFD module?". If I start LCDd after the boot sequence it starts as
> expected. I assume my problem is that the "modprobe lirc_imon" is in
> the wrong initialisation file. Where should it be?

On my FC5 install in a Silverstone LC-16M w/IMon, I have the "/sbin/modprobe
lirc_imon" line in /etc/rc.modules. The /etc/rc.local has only a call to
/usr/sbin/lircd, and LCDd and lcdproc are started (in that order) by links
in /etc/rc.d/rc5.d. All this comes together to give me a clock display
(that's all that I have it configured for) that is hard to read from across
the room - but better than nothing since there's no more VCR.