[mythtv-users] MythTV Demo

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Jun 14 16:00:57 UTC 2007

Thomas Kessler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I put together a little video of my MythTV setup. Nothing new, but
> someone might find it useful for comparing to other multimedia systems.
> Go here: www.electronikjunkie.com/blojsom/index.html
> <http://www.electronikjunkie.com/blojsom/index.html>

Nice. The only problem I have with it is you can't really read any of
the text on the screen (menus etc.).

Playing around with the monitor settings *might* improve this, but
shooting a TV screen of any type (CRT, LCD or Plasma) can be very
difficult, even with professional cameras costing well over $30,000.
Trying to do so with a consumer-grade video camera is probably an
exercise in futility :-)

Sometimes playing with the electronic shutter (if your camera has one)
can help a lot in shooting a video screen as well.

Other than that, nice job.

BEWW