[mythtv-users] I am thinking of going to DISH

David George david at thegeorges.us
Thu Jun 14 13:32:28 UTC 2007

On 06/14/2007 09:01 AM, Tim Litwiller wrote:
> After checking the channels and prices I ordered Directv with 2
> receivers.  I was thinking I would get a PVR-500 - but when I went
> looking at them it only has 1 tv input on the card the other input is
> the fm reciever. How does that work?
> Or do I need to get 1 pvr-150's or 250's to make this setup work?
The PVR-500 works fine for two Directv receivers.  It is what I use.
The one I bought even included the additional bracket with the other
s-video/composite/audio connectors needed for the second input.  I think
I got it from pcalchemy.  You mention the TV input, but that will not be
used with the Directv receivers.  You will be using the stereo audio RCA
connectors (red and white) and the svideo cable.  You could also use the
composite video (yellow), but svideo is better.

--
David