[mythtv-users] OT: $10 per month off my DirecTV Bill

Cole Brodine cbrodine at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 13:12:08 UTC 2007

Maybe this is a bit off topic for here, but I've been using MythTV in
conjunction with DirecTV for about 3 years now.  I had recently grown tired
of paying so much for DirecTV.  I have the smallest package and my bill is
around $50 a month.

What I did is call and say I wanted to cancel my service.  The customer
service representative offered me $5 off per month for 3 months and free
Showtime for 3 months.  I wasn't interested in saving just 3 dollars, and I
don't watch Showtime so I told him no thanks.  He transferred me to a
"disconnection representative".  After looking up my account info there, the
disconnect rep told me they didn't want to lose a customer who had been
there for 3 years, and offered me $10 off a month for a year.  I took his
offer.

Hopefully his will help some of you MythTV users with DirecTV get a little
better deal also.

Sorry if this is too off topic for here.
Visit My Website at http://www.brodine.com/
Blog: http://rabbitinhiding.blogspot.com/
ICQ: 5857320
Skype: cbrodine