[mythtv-users] Updating the Database After Cutting Commercials

Ian Barton lists at manor-farm.org
Thu Jun 14 09:07:29 UTC 2007

I am recording files in mpeg 2 format from a DVB tuner. For the few
files I want to keep I mark the commercials manually and then run a user
job that cuts them out.

This is based on the script in the wiki at
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Script_-_RemoveCommercials

I have modified it slightly as I don't need the script to run mythcomm
flag and I have added --mpeg2 so fix sync problems. This works fine, but
when I view a recording the progress bar is incorrect. I am assuming
that Myth still thinks that the recording is its original length before
I cut the adverts.

I presume that I need to update endtime field to reflect the length of
the recording after I cut out the adverts. I can cope wit updating the
database, but how do I get the length of the modified recording from my
script?

Ian.