[mythtv-users] Can Someone please help me make my system stable?

David Rees drees76 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 19:27:12 UTC 2007

On 6/12/07, Mitch Gore <mitchell.gore at gmail.com> wrote:
> yes the same occured on .20 fixes.  I havent tried removing ivtv but if i
> cant record my SD cable shows.  Maybe i will build a new box that is a slave
> backend that has the PVR-150.  that would fix the master backend from
> crashing right?

Please stop top-posting and please trim the mesages, otherwise
consider this my last reply in this thread.

Yes, if you built a slave that only had the PVR-150, that would allow
you to continue recording  without crashing the master if the PVR-150
was causing the issues. Do you see any ivtv related messages in
/var/log/messages or from the command dmesg after a crash?

On 6/13/07, Mitch Gore <mitchell.gore at gmail.com> wrote:
> and myth.log
>
> 2007-05-19 13:15:54.970 adding: mythtv as a client (events: 0)
> 2007-05-19 13:16:30.928 MainServer::HandleAnnounce Monitor
> 2007-05-19 13:16:30.939 adding: mythtv as a client (events: 0)
> QDate::fromString: Parameter out of range

All those "QDate::fromString: Parameter out of range" messages look
abnormal, but I've never seen them before.

-Dave