[mythtv-users] MythWeb Redirection

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 18:44:48 UTC 2007

On 6/13/07, John Baab <john.baab at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just wondering how everyone redirects to MythWeb running at home if they
> have a dynamic IP.  I created some scripts on a co-owned server and have
> cron (on my local mythbox) hitting them every so often.  This way I get
> redirected to whatever my current dynamic IP is.  If there is enough of a
> need, I would open this option up to other MythWeb users.

I use dyndns to set up an address (*.mine.nu, although they have
different TLDs that you can use) that is associated with my home ip.
I have ddclient on my mythbox (although you can use other programs,
and there are ones available for windows on any computer within your
network) to update the dyndns servers with my dynamic IP address.  I
believe it is run as a service that checks what my IP addy is, sees if
it has changed, and if so, updates the dyndns server.  Works like a
charm!