[mythtv-users] SOLVED: Re: Vizio VX32L and unable to get native 1366x768 resoloution

Michael Klatsky michael at mapu.com
Wed Jun 13 13:24:15 UTC 2007

Byron Poland wrote:
> On 6/11/07, Michael Klatsky <michael at mapu.com> wrote:
>> All-
>>

>> When I was only analog- my mythtv setup worked great. Now that I have
>> gone digital- wow.
>>
>> As my subject line states- I have a Vizio VX32L HDTV. It's native
>> resolution is 1366x768. After trying multiple configurations, including
>> the one for the 37: version of my TV, I finally decided to try
>> generating a modeline using "gtf 1366 768 60 -v" and that is in my
>> xorg.conf below.
>>
>> No matter what I try- all I get is a "default" resolution of 1280x720.
>> Any ideas would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance,

<SNIP>

> I have that exact same TV with a Mac Mini (Intel Graphics) and
> couldn't get DVI to drive it at anything over like 800x600.  The
> manual notes that the HDMI inputs are not compatible with computers...
> (um even if you get a valid 720p or 1080i timing??? back to the matter
> at hand)...  In the end I switched to the VGA input, and everything
> worked like a charm.

Bryan-

Well, yes- after reading the manual- I found the couple of lines where
it states that to get the 1366x768, I need to use VGA. And voila! That
worked! Thanks for helping me fix this troubling issue.

I guess I'll need to research other TV's to see if they allow full,
native resolution over their digital connections (DVI/HDMI).

Now- I just need to figure out why the picture is not quite as good as
that from my Comcast STB- but that's another topic.

Again thanks!

Michael