[mythtv-users] Harmony 659 - Is it compatible with Myth?

Nick Tan nick at wehi.EDU.AU
Wed Jun 13 03:07:15 UTC 2007

Kevin Saenz wrote:
>      > In short, is there a way (and has anyone done it?) to get this remote
>      > working with MythTV?
>
>     Yes, I've done it.  I used it (until I replaced it with an 880) with the
>     MS Media Center receiver, using the mceusb2 LIRC module.  It works just
>     fine.  No doubt it'd emulate any of a number of other LIRC-compatible
>     remotes as well.
>

> Is there a way to by the MS media center receiver on it's own?

My local computer store got some in on special order.  The pack comes
with the remote (with batteries!), receiver and two transmitters.  The
receiver and both transmitters work really well in lirc.  I think it
cost me around AU$50 or so when I bought it early in 2006.