[mythtv-users] Can't add new music

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 01:59:04 UTC 2007

On 6/12/07, Jonathan Seawright <jonathanathome at verizon.net> wrote:
> How do you mean it "never shows up"? you mean in the Media Library? or in
> the Importing menu?
>
> Jonathan S.

Turns out I think I figured out the problem.  I just upgraded to
current SVN.  I basically truncated all the mythmusic tables and
started from scratch.  Any file (95% of my library) that has a tilda
in the file name, didn't import during scanning for new music.
Before, they would import just fine during the scan.  The only files
that did import are those that didn't contain a tilda (~).  My naming
standard for my mp3s is: Track# ~ Artist - SongTitle.mp3.

I've submitted a ticket, #3607 (http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/3607).

Thanks!
Matt