[mythtv-users] Fedora 7, is all in order yet?

Gregorio Gervasio, Jr. gtgj at pacbell.net
Wed Jun 13 01:27:13 UTC 2007

>>>>> kanetse at gmail com writes:

k> I recently format/reinstalled Fedora 7/MythTV 0.20 on a machine that
k> was previously running FC5/MythTV 0.19.  The backend and tuner
k> components are working fine.  However, I am also unable to run either
k> mythfrontend nor mythtv-setup.  And I don't have a nVidia-based video
k> card.  (Actually, I was running it in VNC)  This might point away from
k> the nVidia driver as the problem.

	You don't say how it's failing but it's probably the new
version of libXrandr in F7.  See:

The first patch in the ticket (by "gal"), lets me run both
mythtv-setup and mythfrontend.  However, there seems to be another
problem in F7 because exiting mythfrontend causes the VNC server to
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.