[mythtv-users] Moving myth from /usr/local to /usr

Jon Boehm boehm100 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 12 22:55:02 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm using a home compiled version of .20-fixed.  The Ubuntu package uses
/usr and the make process for myth defaults to /usr/local.  Right now I have
two version of myth installed.  Everything is behaving correctly but I would
prefer to only have one version installed.

The apt-get remove method sound dangerous because to will remove my config
files and /etc/init.d/mythbackend.  I would rather uninstall myth from
/usr/local and reinstall it over the ubuntu packages in /usr.  Any
instruction for how to uninstall myth?

Thanks,
Jon