[mythtv-users] Cards keep changing /dev/videoX devices...

kanetse@gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 22:40:27 UTC 2007

On 6/11/07, Steve MacLaren <scram69 at gmail.com> wrote:
> After screwing around with the vague and misleading, yet much linked
> "writing udev rules":
> http://reactivated.net/writing_udev_rules.html
> I stumbled across this very helpful thread:
> Scroll down to the last post.  Note the bafflingly illogical and
> frustratingly redundant syntax for calling udevinfo.
>
> I built my rules and named my file just as the poster did, except I used
> SYSFS{vendor}== and SYSFS{device}== to uniquely identify my cards.

As the original author of that post, I'm glad to see that at least one
person actually found it useful.

I was unable to use SYSFS{vendor} and SYSFS{device} myself because I
had a 2-tuner PVR-500 in my box, and unforuntely, the vendor and
device tags for both tuners would be identical.  So if you don't have
a 2-tuner capture card, your approach should work work fine.