[mythtv-users] Moving house: service options in the UK?

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Tue Jun 12 20:11:41 UTC 2007

I shall shortly be moving from a house where I get marginal DVB-T
reception and broadband access via a USB modem and a conventional phone
line.

The new location has Virgin cable, a Sky dish and a terrestrial antenna,
but currently no conventional telephone line.

I am told that Virgin media can provide a telephone service, broadband
internet access (I think via an ethernet modem), and TV via a set-top
box or via a rented V+ (Virgin branded) PVR, but that it does not
provide a computer compatible digital TV signal.

I haven't seen much trustworthy-looking info about Virgin/Linux
compatibility on the web and would welcome any comments from this list,
on both that and MythTV/Sky interaction - mainly, at least initially,
the free channels.

Thanks in advance,

John Pilkington