[mythtv-users] Need F7 Front End PC to Poweroff from hard switch without warning

David Krainess davidkrainess at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 12 18:40:40 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I upgraded a front end set up from FC5 to F7
(re-install).  The only complaint is my WAF is down
from 10 to 6.

On FC5, when pressing the power button on the
computer, the computer would shut down, in a somewhat
graceful fashion.

On F7, the mythtv exit warning comes up when pressing
the power button and my wife must "tediously" use the
remote to select "Exit and Shutdown" and then
tediously press the enter button.

This is causing some irratating comments, like "why
did you have to mess with it", "why this", and "why
that".  I don't really have a solution to the
unsolvable question "why", so any help to make the
power button bypass the mythtv exit screen would be
appreciated.

Thanks