[mythtv-users] Jump Ahead Problems

Andreas Schaefer andreas.schaefer at madplanet.com
Tue Jun 12 17:16:06 UTC 2007

Hi Geeks

I am using MythTV for quite some time but with version 0.20 I ran into
an issue that I could not resolve even though it is solved for now.

What happens is that during a period MythTV 0.20 recorded shows but when
I watched it on a remote frontend the "Jump Ahead" did not work as well
as the duration of the show was completely off. When I tried to jump
ahead (1 minute) it did nothing and a subsequent jump froze the entire
playback. A cold reboot fixed the problem for all the new recordings but
the old shows still showed the problem.

This is especially a problem when MythTV wants to skip commercial
because the playback freezes as well. Still though the regular playback
worked fine.

I noticed that the "recordseek" table had crashed and I needed to repair
it though MySQL admin. I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Does someone knows what is wrong and if how this can be fixed rather
than throwing away the recordings and re-record them.

-Andy