[mythtv-users] PDA Transode and Auto sync to Playstation Portable

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Jun 12 15:11:42 UTC 2007

On Jun 12, 2007, at 8:01 AM, greg at nodecam.com wrote:
> Inspired by your post, I started looking at my PSP setup again, to
> see how
> I could streamline it.
>
> What I want to do is:
> 1) Record a particular show nightly (two of them actually - The
> Daily Show
> and SportsCentre)
> 2) Have that show magically appear on my PSP before I catch the bus to
> work in the morning.
>
> I'm not finished working on it just yet, but I have successfully
> transcoded an AVC file to a format that is playable via the RSS
> functionality on the PSP.
>
> My ffmpeg commandline is:
> ffmpeg -i "${source}/${infile}" -acodec aac -ab ${audiorate} -
> vcodec h264
> -b ${bitrate} -ar 48000 -mbd 2 -coder 1 -cmp 2 -subcmp 2 -s $
> {resolution}
> -r 30000/1001 -title "${title}" -f psp -flags loop -trellis 2 -
> partitions
> parti4x4+parti8x8+partp4x4+partp8x8+partb8x8 -vlevel 13
> "${target}/${outfile}.MP4"
>
> where my default resolution is 480x272 - feel free to play with the
> bitrates etc.
>
> Once that file is created, I drop it into a directory on my
> webserver, and
> have a php script that uses feedcreator (feedcreator.org) to
> generate an
> rss file.  The PSP can then be scheduled to download the feed's
> videos at
> a whatever time I set it, or can be manually downloaded.
>
> I've got all the individual pieces working, I just haven't spent
> the time
> to glue it all together just yet.  If there's interest, I can post my
> scripts when they're a little more ready for prime-time - likely
> some time
> next week.

That sounds like fun. I already do this with my iPod and myth2ipod.
In the morning I have programs from the night before ready for me in
case I need it. I'd also like to get them on my son's PSP for his bus
ride to/from school but I haven't even been able to create a playable
video. I was using nuvexport and chose the PSP option. It all seemed
to work but the video says it can't be played. I don't remember the
exact message. I sort of gave up since it wasn't THAT important.