[mythtv-users] IOBOUND but no DMA errors (NTFS-3G)

Steve Smith st3v3.sm1th at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 11:05:01 UTC 2007

Gents,

I've just experienced a massive series of IOBOUND errors....but no
corresponding ivtv DMA errors.

ivtv reported "All encoder MPEG stream buffers are full.Dropping data."

Now the thing is, my recording drive is NTFS (it's a hangover from my
previous Windows GBPVR system and contains loads of mpegs)
When this occured mount.ntfs-3g was going ape using 100% CPU (on both of my
P3 1Ghz processors!).

Anyone seen this happen before? Is NTFS-3G suitable for media drives?

The other thing I suspect is the dreaded VIA chipset, but if this was the
problem wouldn't you expect to see DMA errors too?

Cheers

Steve