[mythtv-users] Bunch of *Simple* questions

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 06:00:46 UTC 2007

On 6/12/07, Jake Palmer <jakep_82 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> >From: "Nathan A. Smith" <nasa01 at comcast.net>
> >4. Sound works nicely in myth, I even have surround sound.  I have sound
> >transferred to my audio system via s/pdif optical cable.  I get no sound
> >out of any of my games (mame, pc, etc) -- what did I screw up?

Do you have alsa set up to send sound to S/PDIF by default? If not then
you'll probably have to configure MAME and your other games to use the right
output, much like you did for MythTV.

Do you have an asoundrc file?  I had to configure everything to output
> 48KHz, otherwise no sound from my optical.  Surround sound already is
> 48KHz
> so it will work without an asoundrc file.

Some cards can output 44.1KHz too. Actually I'd expect most to - mine
certainly does and it's the cheapest card I could find with S/PDIF out.

Steve