[mythtv-users] Bunch of *Simple* questions

Jake Palmer jakep_82 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 12 02:27:26 UTC 2007

>From: "Nathan A. Smith" <nasa01 at comcast.net>
>4. Sound works nicely in myth, I even have surround sound.  I have sound
>transferred to my audio system via s/pdif optical cable.  I get no sound
>out of any of my games (mame, pc, etc) -- what did I screw up?

Do you have an asoundrc file?  I had to configure everything to output
48KHz, otherwise no sound from my optical.  Surround sound already is 48KHz
so it will work without an asoundrc file.

>5. Has anyone REALLY gotten HD via comcast cable?  REALLY?

I get all the broadcast channels in HD via QAM.  Beyond that you can not and
will never be able to record any other HD channels in myth.

Jake