[mythtv-users] HD Homerun Tuning Problems
rbonafied at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 23:40:41 UTC 2007
Kirk Bocek wrote:
> Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
>> Did you set the sistandard in the dtv_multiplex table to
>> "mpeg"? If so there is something else going on.
> I saw notes here about creating duplicate dtv_multiplex rows (but with
> different IDs) to allow for different sistandard entries. I tried this for one
> of the problem service IDs and it still did not tune with sistandard set to
> 'mpeg'. For these service IDs, there *are* other service IDs in the same
> transport that work while sistandard is set to 'atsc'.
> Do you want me to try 'mpeg' for *all* service IDs in the transport even
> though some work with 'atsc'?
> Kirk Bocek
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
I too had a similar problem which caused me to open this ticket: 3546.
This referred to the situation where my hdhomerun scan returned
SCANNING: 711000000 (us-cable:110, us-irc:110)
LOCK: qam256 (ss=97 snq=100 seq=100)
PROGRAM: 1: 57.1 WPSG-DT
PROGRAM: 2: 0.0
Since Program 1 returned identifying info, it would choke on program 2
which didn't return identifying info. To be honest, I didn't fully
understand any of the explanations but I somehow fumbled my way to a
working solution. The explanation in the ticket was enough to get me
going. Basically what I did was look at another channel that was
consistent in it's scan across the programs and emulated that for all
the fields in the dtv_multiplex table with a new mplexid.
Here is what the original scan of frequency 711000000 had in
I then added a record to dtv_multiplex copying most of the stuff, the
new record had an mplexid of 77 (the next sequentially available one).
The only difference was the mplexid and the sisstandard had 'mpeg'
Finally, I had to update the channel table to use the new mplexid for
the one I just created. This is important. I also plugged in the
program id (in this case 2) for the channel I was missing. I got that
from the HDhomerun scan from above --> 'PROGRAM: 2:' My final channel
record looked like this:
channum: 208 (this is what comcast lists as the channel, but it can
callsign: UHD (again, from comcast which I typed in manually)
xmltvid: 34763 (this you need to get from zap2it... this is the
primary key into the lineup. If you have this then zap2it will match.)
mplexid: 77 (this is the new record mplexid I created manually)
serviceid: 2 (this is the program number as returned by hdhomerun
I hope that helps ...
More information about the mythtv-users