[mythtv-users] Best nvidia video card for Myth

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 22:36:37 UTC 2007

> Can the DVI output be converted to VGA (I haven't made the switch to DVI to
> projector yet).

yes, it can. an dvi-to-vga adapter is included in the package.

> How hot does this card get?

between 60 and 70°C. my case has only one really slow cooler and the
temperature is now around 69°C. but it is pretty hot in my apartment
at the moment (around 28°C). on the other side is the case pretty big.

I have two of these cards in my case, and I am using it for a
multiseat system. One person can watch movies and the other one can
work at the same time on the other video card. 2nd card is squeezed
between pvr150 and sound blaster card (around 7-8mm free space between
heatsink and sound blaster), but it never goes over 70°C.

Some people would say that 70°C is much, and it maybe not so good for
the rest of the system, but system was stable in the last 14 months.

M.