[mythtv-users] Fedora 7, is all in order yet?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Jun 11 21:12:24 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 02:53:32PM -0500, Mike LaPlante wrote:
> Axel Thimm wrote:
> >> Yeah, at home for lunch now testing nv VS nvidia modules, either way
> >> things don't work right. So I'd say Fedora 7 is NOT "all in order" in
> >> response to the OP's question, at least not when it comes to nvidia+myth.
> >>

> > nvidia on F7 works here quite fine, have you tried the ATrpms' kmdl
> > packages for nvidia?
> >

> Yeah I'm using ATrpms 9755. In fact lately the only repo I leave
> permanently enabled on my myth boxes is ATrpms. I ran into some trouble
> with a freshrpms or livna x264 package screwing up my mytharchive. So
> now-a-days I do an --enablerepo for the few packages I can't get off
> ATrpms.
>
> Anyhoo, my symptons are as follows:
> -- with X running on the nvidia 9755 module and kernel 2.6.21-1.3194 as
> soon as I start mythfrontend the X server crashes and I'm brought back
> to a GDM login.

Any errors in the logs? Can you run glxgears with acceptable
performance and no crash?

(BTW what hardware was that? Maybe you need a legacy driver?)

> -- with X running on the nv module mythfrontend starts but looks like
> its in 8 colors. Then when I exit myth X restarts.
> -- with X running on the nvidia module and Xinerama enabled,
> mythfrontend segfaults... (I'm not really sure if myth CAN run with
> Xinerama enabled, never tried, but this particular frontend is a dual
> monitor machine in a spare room.)

I know that xinerama/twinview can't share xv across the screens (at
least I think I know that), so that could be an issue.

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net