[mythtv-users] Ahh - Evil xorg and modelines

Rage321 rage321 at optonline.net
Mon Jun 11 20:53:20 UTC 2007

Have you tried the following?  I don't see it within your epic support thread:

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "BenQ W100"
DisplaySize 1024 768
HorizSync 31-69
VertRefresh 59-85
EndSection

Section "Screen"
Identifier "Default Screen"
Device "nVidia Corporation NV34 [GeForce FX 5200]"
Monitor "BenQ W100"
DefaultDepth 24
Subsection "Display"
Depth 24
Modes "1024x768"
EndSubsection
EndSection

The key is the DisplaySize.  I'd check the Xorg.0.log file afterwards to see
the new errors or whatever shows up.  Its the only way to truely
troubleshoot.