[mythtv-users] Ahh - Evil xorg and modelines

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 20:49:51 UTC 2007

On 11/06/07, Damian Surr <damian at gingermagic.co.uk> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Have I done something so stupid that it's not worth responding to or are
> we running out of things to try? I'm all but given up at my end. I feel
> like something must work but I can't seem to break through and I just
> don't have the time to put anything more into it. I've already wasted
> for more time than should have  on it.

It looks to me like you may have tried to run X over ssh (which is
possible I think, but is a whole other ballgame).  I think the
suggestion to use ssh was to start X locally, but use the ssh session
to see what was happening, if your local X session got messed up so
you couldn't read the logs.

Sorry I can't be more help.