[mythtv-users] Optimizing Picture output

Thomas Kessler electronikjunkie at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 16:10:07 UTC 2007

On 6/10/07, Nathan A. Smith <nasa01 at comcast.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Call me confused.  I have a rear projection TV that does all the way up
> to 1080p.  It has many, many inputs -- and for this discussion, I am
> using the DVI connection.  I have setup the resolution from X to match
> the state TV resolution 1920x1080.  With this setup I have noticed a
> noticeable difference between regular TV and what I see via Myth.  Since
> I have no artist ability -- I really have a hard time describing what
> that difference is (ie: color, contrast, brightness, interlacing, all
> the above).  So my questions are:
>
> 1. As most things broadcast today are interlaced -- do I need to do
> deinterlacing?
>
> 2. How do I match color, contrast, brightness between normal TV and
> Myth?
>

> 3. Are there other options I haven't noticed that I should be using?
>

> Thanks
>

> Nasa

 Make sure to check out "Recording Profiles". You can adjust the quality of
"LiveTV" and other recording profiles. I set my "LiveTV" to "720x480",
"16:9", bitrate at 12000, and max bitrate at 16000. Since LiveTV gets
deleted in a day, I figure just crank the settings up. For my default
recording, the bitrates are much lower. I have a wide screen TV and setting
16:9 helped a lot.

TK