[mythtv-users] Changing from package install to source?

Mike Dent mcdent at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 13:51:38 UTC 2007

Hi,
I'm running Ubuntu 6.10 and used the standard apt-get method to install the Myth
packages.
Now I find I'm missing some things which I can only get from compiling
Myth from source.

I'd like to know what the best way to  move to source install of Myth
is? I don't mind
compiling and doing some work, I was wanting to avoid loosing all my
previously recorded programs if possible.

This is what I am running at the moment:-

root at myth1:/var/log/mythtv# mythbackend --version
Library API version: 0.20.20060828-3
Source code version: Unknown
Options compiled in:
 linux debug using_xvmcw using_v4l using_oss using_alsa using_arts
using_jack using_ivtv using_firewire using_dbox2 using_hdhr
using_ip_rec using_freebox using_live using_lirc using_joystick_menu
using_dvb using_x11 using_xv using_xrandr using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld
using_opengl_vsync using_opengl using_frontend using_backend

Thanks for any pointers.

Mike