[mythtv-users] No DVD Audio in Rips

Michael Starks mythtv at michaelstarks.com
Mon Jun 11 02:50:47 UTC 2007

First, my setup (since it is likely relevant):

I Turtle Beach sound card
bla bla bla

I'm using the audio out of the 350 into the sound card, and the video
out of the 350 to my TV.

When I rip a DVD, I have no sound.  I have tries ISO, Perfect and
Excellent settings.  Realizing that the 350 probably only supports
2-channel audio, when I rip I have unselected AC3 and selected 2 channel
audio.  But none of these settings results in sound in the recording
(or, at least I can't hear it).  The strange thing to me is that when I
play the DVD from the actual rip screen, I do have audio.  So, I'm not
sure what the difference is there.