[mythtv-users] Couple questions for a non-standard implementation

Peter A. Daly petedaly at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 20:45:47 UTC 2007

I'm considering trying to implement MythTV for what I'd refer to as a
non standard use.  It's for a church that would like to make an
archive of their services...without writing a book right now...with
slight modification, MythTV seems like it would make a good basis for
a further customized solution.

Is it possible to do live-tv streaming from a MythTV live recording
using mms, or something similar?  My understanding (which may be
wrong) is that VLC won't do in-progress recordings.  Generally, the
desire is to stream what is being recorded to other rooms of the
building, or maybe even an open wifi hotspot.  I was thinking mms
would be best, but am open to other ideas.  Multi-cast would be even
better.  Generally we will have no control over the clients
themselves, so the streaming must use a standard player protocol like
mms.

Also, does anyone know of any post processing utility (that could be
automated) that can combine two videos into a single side by side
(picture-beside-picture) view.  Think of a recording of a live
presentation, where there is a video of the presenter on the left
screen, next to a video of the powerpoint slides on the right screen,
synchronized time wise in a single recording.

Thanks for any insight.

-Pete
http://www.mythpvr.com