[mythtv-users] arrow keys

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sun Jun 10 17:27:05 UTC 2007

Nick Morrott wrote:
> On 10/06/07, norman <norman at littletank.org> wrote:
>>> For other video files it can convert to DVD-compliant video and allow
>>> you to burn them to DVD, or allow you to archive them to a file for
>>> subsequent reimporting. I does't touch other files - the README states
>>> it's only for video files.
>> Into which category do .mpeg files fall?
>
> Regular video files if they've been found by MythVideo (Video Manager).

I don't have the detailed knowledge of Mytharchive that Paul and Nick
have, but I think it is fair to say that if you want to do things with
videos that *aren't* Mythrecordings, and you want to do it in Myth, then
you need to install Mythvideo.  Then Myth will recognise their existence
and allow you to watch them, apply cutlists, transfer to DVD, etc...
You can do this outside Myth too, say with Xine and K3b, but life would
probably be easier with Mythvideo installed.

If I'm wrong about this anyone is free to say so :-)

John P