[mythtv-users] Zoom/Aspect Ratio Issue

Andreas Schubert andreas.schubert at die-einrichtung.org
Sun Jun 10 09:44:48 UTC 2007

Am 10.06.2007 um 05:12 schrieb Michael T. Dean:

> On 06/09/2007 07:56 PM, Andreas Schubert wrote:
>> this is my first mail to this list and i decided to do so as I didn't
>> find any hint in the documentation about the following:
>> I have a linux server running mythbackend and mythfrontend. That
>> works perfectly. This computer is connected to my 4:3 tv set.
>> Everything works fine and I am able to change aspect ratio with the
>> "w" key (actually I use a remote).
>>
>> Now I decided to have another mythfrontend on my laptop to stream
>> content over wlan to it. Works fine except changing the aspect ratio.
>> The only thing that happens when I press "w" is that the OSD changes
>> aspect ratio, but not the video/tv-show. Manual zoom doesn't work
>> either.
>>
>> Btw. my laptop is a macbook and I wanted to use the mac mythfrontend.
>> But I also tried it with ubuntu, same thing.
>>
>> Is there anything I missed? Or is this a bug? Or a feature... ?
>>
>> Any help would be very kind.
>>
>> Oh, the mythtv version is 0.20.1.
>
> Sounds like a bug in the scaling support provided by your video
> driver.
>
> Mike

Hi all, thanks for your replies.

I did some further investigation and found that booting my laptop
with linux (KnoppMyth) doesn't solve the issue. But on another
computer, everything works. So it really sounds like a "macbook but
not mac os x" problem. BTW, it's funny that the OSD changes aspect
ratio.

I'll forward this mail to the dev-list, too... perhaps someone there
can help.

Thanks,
Andreas