[mythtv-users] arrow keys

norman norman at littletank.org
Sun Jun 10 07:55:07 UTC 2007

> On 09/06/07, norman <norman at littletank.org> wrote:
> > The more I use mythtv the more irritated I become with the apparent
> > irrational effects of the arrow keys especially when moving on from
> > CD/DVD. Is there any way of standardising these movements or is it just
> > a case of keep trying and hoping to remember which causes what the next
> > time they are needed?
>
> Could you describe the actual behaviour you are seeing - which menu,
> which arrow key you are pressing, and the result of the keypress.
>
> Do you have 'Disable Arrow Key Accelerators' unchecked in mythfrontend setup?

You must excuse me, please, if my questions may sometimes appear to be
very basic but, at nearly 80 years of age, neither my brain nor my
fingers are as nimble as they used to be. Now, the example I would like
to give is related to Import Videos. I can get as far as putting in the
location details but I cannot continue thereafter. Everything I try
seems to lose the location definition and I have to start all over
again. Frustrating I am sure you will agree. I can follow instructions
when they are there to be followed but there does not appear to be any
related to moving around screens. Only the instruction to use arrow keys
which do not always move the focus in the direction of the arrow.

In 'set up' there is 'Use Arrow Key Accelerator' and that is checked.

Norman