[mythtv-users] How to mark a tuner as "never use to record"

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sun Jun 10 03:36:00 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-06-07 at 10:22 -0500, David Engel wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 01:32:20AM +0100, Nick Morrott wrote:
> > Those two flags would be a great feature. Would they also ensure that
> > if a DVB-x card was flagged as inactive, it would not be tied up with
> > EIT retrieval?
>
> Daniel will have to confirm this, but I believe there is already a
> setting to control EIT.  I know I made sure all EIT settings were off
> on my HD card and I've never had a problem with Myth using it when it
> wasn't actually recording something.

The EIT scanner would still use the card for background scanning
unless we changed it to respect one of the new flags. I would
think the "don't use this input for scheduled recording" flag
would be the one we would want to honor. It is currently
possible to disable EIT for any video source and for any
channel, but not on a particular input on a particular card.

The change to the EIT scanner would be a trivial change to
the SQL query in EITScanner::StartActiveScan().

-- Daniel