[mythtv-users] arrow keys

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sat Jun 9 21:21:36 UTC 2007

jason maxwell wrote:
> On 6/9/07, *norman* <norman at littletank.org
> <mailto:norman at littletank.org>> wrote:
>
>     The more I use mythtv the more irritated I become with the apparent
>     irrational effects of the arrow keys especially when moving on from
>     CD/DVD. Is there any way of standardising these movements or is it just
>     a case of keep trying and hoping to remember which causes what the next
>     time they are needed?
>

> I'm not sure what the question really is here, but it sounds like you
> might have complaints about what the default keybindings are bound to
> do. If  I've got you right, there's a tool in the frontend's settings
> menu for setting keybindings. Just change them to do whatever you want.
> If that's not the question, well, ... nevermind.
> -J
>
>I agree that these keys can be confusing, but the best strategy would be
to display (in another window!) the sections about the key bindings,
experiment, and try to understand what happens before making snap
judgements on what might be better.

One source of confusion is that they often work in sequence with some
other key:  (A, arrow) controls timestretch,; (Number, arrow) will jump
forward or back by (Number) minutes - but only if the Num Lock is engaged.