[mythtv-users] Hauppauge 350 dvd playback no sound

robinlee_r at yahoo.com robinlee_r at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 9 13:13:23 UTC 2007

Hi again

Here is my xorg.log and xorg.conf, and Xorg.TV is the old log before I downloaded another X driver from the itvt site.

I am  getting the following from the comment about the Bus PCI address:

02:09.0 Multimedia video controller: Internext Compression Inc iTVC15 MPEG-2 Encoder (rev 01)
I was having problems with the following, but I downloaded another xdriver and this one loads:

II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/ivtvdev_drv.so
(II) Module ivtv: vendor="The XFree86 Project"
    ABI class: XFree86 Video Driver, version 0.6

It was:

(II) LoadModule: "ivtvdev"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/ivtvdev_drv.so
(II) Module ivtv: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    compiled for 4.3.99.902, module version = 0.10.6
    ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 0.8
(EE) module ABI major  version (0) doesn't match the server's version (1)
(II) UnloadModule: "ivtvdev"
(II) Unloading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/ivtvdev_drv.so
(EE) Failed to load module "ivtvdev" (module requirement mismatch, 0)

But even after that I rebooted and still nothing on the screen.
At the end with the new driver now I get:

Fatal server error:
Caught signal 4.  Server aborting

It was before the download:

Fatal server error: