[mythtv-users] recording rule for series repetition (avoid recording same episode)

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 22:25:22 UTC 2007

Hi,

Situation:
Series "Boston Legal" is running every Wednesday in the evening,
starting between 21.00h and 22.30h, but usually at 22.05h. A few hours
later is running the same episode.

I activated recording of Boston Legal on any channel at any time,
because I was too lazy to search for a right option.

The problem is that this rule is recording every episode of Boston
Legal, even when it is recorded. I could it set to record by time but
time is sometimes different.

That means, that my computer wakes up at 2.00 am to recorded the show,
which was already successfully recorded a few hours ago.

Wish:
I want it to record every episode of Boston Legal, but not to record
already recorded episodes.

I found an "disabled" option in the recording setting "to compare
title and description for repetition" (my free translation of this
option, because I am using mythtv in german). But this option is
disabled.

This disabled option means that it is always comparing? Or is this not
available?

So ... Anyone with an advice? :)

Thanks a lot