[mythtv-users] OT: Free backup solution for my linux boxes?

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 21:24:27 UTC 2007

I was looking long time ago for something similar. After not being
satisfied with any of applications, I created something by myself
using:
- rsync and cp for (incremental) backups

you could use:
- mkisofs for creating images
- dvd+rw-tools and cdrtools for CD/DVD burning

rsync script (less than 30 lines) is making incremental backups every day.

because you would create cd/dvd backups manually, you could even use
k3b or something else if you like, but you could make a script which
would split too big folders on 2 or more dvds and burn it
automaticaly.

this is probably not what you were looking for, but it might some ideas.

M.

2007/6/8, Boleslaw Ciesielski <bolek-mythtv at curl.com>:
> William Munson wrote:
> > Perhaps I missed it but I do not see an easy way to restore to a virgin
> > system without installing lots of crud first. Desired restore mode, drop
> > in disk, boot, click restore or keyboard something to start. Sit back
> > and wait for fully functional system to emerge.
>
> See
> http://www.bacula.org/rel-manual/Disast_Recove_Using_Bacula.html#SECTION004340000000000000000

Glauben heißt nicht wissen wollen, was wahr ist ... Nietzsche