[mythtv-users] Previously recorded shows get re-recorded

Cameron Dale camrdale at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 16:53:13 UTC 2007

On 6/8/07, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> duplicate = 0 says that the record does not apply to duplicate
> matching.  The duplicate field is set to 0 when you select "Delete and
> allow re-record."  "But, I didn't delete it," you say.  OK, well, it's
> also set by autoexpire when the show is automatically deleted for you.

That's probably what's happening as I almost never delete anything but
always just allow it to auto-expire.

> In SVN trunk there's an option:
>
> Re-record watched programs
> If set, programs that have been marked as watched and are auto-expired
> will be re-recorded if they are shown again.
>
> which is on by default but allows you to turn it off so that Myth will
> allow autoexpired shows you've already watched to be autoexpired such
> that they won't re-record.  It won't be backported to 0.20 because it
> relies on the new watched flag (new feature).

I'm using SVN from Feb 23 (svn 12825, from the marillat Debian
packages), and checking my settings table I see an entry for
RerecordAutoExpired which is set to 0, so it seems to be set fine.
Since I upgraded on April 17th though, I guess all the shows that got
auto-expired before then are the ones causing the problem. I checked
my oldrecorded table and it does look like the new recordings have
duplicate set to 1, whereas the older ones don't.

> > Does this mean changing
> > duplicate to 1 will cause all my oldrecorded entries to be eventually
> > deleted (cause that would be very bad)?
>
> No.

Great, so I can just manually set all old entries in the oldrecorded
table to have duplicate=1 and they will no longer be re-recorded. ...
And it seems to have worked.

Thanks for clearing that up Mike,
Cameron