[mythtv-users] testing mythtv-multirec

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jun 8 15:25:27 UTC 2007

On 06/08/2007 11:15 AM, Lauri Tischler wrote:
> I've been downloading /trunk/mythtv about once a month.
> I would like to test /branch/mythtv-multirec.
> Can I just dumpit over the trunk ?

You'd want to do an svn switch (so you don't waste the bandwidth
required for another full checkout--you are using svn update to
"download" once a month, right?).

However, I recommend you work out the details of whether doing so would
be an upgrade or a downgrade from your current revision of trunk, and
remember that you can't downgrade.  In other words, check carefully the
DB schema version, the protocol version, and the binary version.  If
your last update was a month ago, you're probably OK.  Daniel just
merged in changes from trunk on June 2.

Mike