[mythtv-users] Video source not putting channels into guide

Joe Borne joe.borne at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 14:15:55 UTC 2007

I have three separate video sources set up in my mythtv box.

1. Analog Cable, accepting analog cable through the tuner - uses video
source "analog" and has the capture card configured to use "/dev/video1" and
"tuner1".

2. Firewire, accepting digital cable via firewire from the STB DCT 6416 -
uses video source "Digital Cable".

3. S-Video, accepting svideo output of digital cable from the DCT 6416 -
uses video source "Digital Cable 5C".

The problem is with #3. Although I have gone over the setup with a fine
tooth comb, I can't find what's wrong. No matter what I do, I get no channel
listings in the guide for the channels handled by the S-Video input. I've
forced the input to retrieve the channel data from the source in
mythtv-setup, and I've performed multiple mythfilldatabase operations with
and without "--do-channel-updates.

I can tune to the channels and watch them, there's just no guide data so I
can't schedule recordings etc.

Can anyone suggest a solution? My only next step is to delete the input and
re-create it in the hopes it forces the data to load.