[mythtv-users] TV manual says not to connect to a computer

jason maxwell decepticon at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 14:03:15 UTC 2007

On 6/7/07, Chandi Bernier <burni13 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> My TV is a Toshiba HD CRT and the manual says :
>
> NEVER CONNECT THIS TV TO A PERSONAL
> COMPUTER (PC.) This TV is not intended for
> use with a PC.

I wouldnt worry about it. I think it's just a blanket clause they throw in
there just in case someone does something really off the wall that's way out
of spec and somehow lets out the blue smoke, so they wont be liable. I have
a Toshiba DLP that has the same caution in the manual. I have had my mythbox
connected via DVI-HDMI for about 7 months now without a hitch. I'm just sure
to output at the native resolution (720p 60) just to be safe (that's usually
what you want to do anyway).
-J