[mythtv-users] Seek Table Question

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Jun 8 05:28:06 UTC 2007

* On Thu Jun 07, 2007 at 11:19:04PM -0400, Tony Lill wrote:
> This sounds like a known issue (1660) with database updates in
> mythtv. If you're using ivtv, the driver will log a useful error
> message about dropping buffers 'cause the application is too
> slow. Other encoders probably just silently drop frames.
>
> The ticket has patches for 0.20 and the head that fix it for me and
> others. The developers are going in another direction to fix it, I
> don't know if anything's been committed to the head yet.

Nothing since I disabled the filesize writing....

I looked over the recorders and TVRec again tonight and moving this
to TVRec is going to be way easier than I was thinking.  I have the
code in my head, I just need to type it in and compile and test it.
Hardly anything in the recorders themselves is going to have to change,
just a little bit of added code in the *Recorder::SavePositionMap()
methods to copy the delta map before doing the actual save to the DB
so that we only have to lock the recorder thread long enough to copy
the data instead of for the whole time we are writing to the DB.
Total code in TVRec should only be a few lines.

--
Chris