[mythtv-users] Previously recorded shows get re-recorded

Cameron Dale camrdale at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 04:10:52 UTC 2007

I'm experiencing a strange problem where my previously recorded shows
are getting scheduled for re-recording. This occurs even though the
new airings of the show have the same title, subtitle, description,
and programid, and I have the recording schedule set to detect
duplicates by subtitle and description.

I've been digging into this problem more in the database, and I have
confirmed that the listings do exist in the oldrecorded table, and are
identical to the new listings in the program table. Also, I noticed
all the ones that have problems have entries in the oldrecorded table
with recstatus=-3 and duplicate=0. I think recstatus=-3 is normal, as
it means it was recorded, but I'm not sure about duplicate.

I played around and discovered that if I change the duplicate to 1 for
the entries that were scheduled to be re-recorded, then they are no
longer scheduled (which is what I want). However, I'm not sure if I
should just change all entries in the oldrecorded table that have a
recstatus=-3 to have also duplicate=1 to fix this problem, or if that
will cause me other problems.

I found this: "The new oldrecorded.duplicate field is used flag
entries that should be considered for duplicate detection.
Uninteresting entries are deleted automatically after 60 days." but I
can't figure out what "uninteresting" means. Does this mean changing
duplicate to 1 will cause all my oldrecorded entries to be eventually
deleted (cause that would be very bad)?

Thanks for any help you can provide,
Cameron