[mythtv-users] Source of my IOBOUND problem?

Craig Huff huffcs at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 7 23:52:40 UTC 2007

William,

Currently I have everything on one HD with /video on a separate LVM'd partition.

My results for running hdparm -tT three times each against the root partition and the
partition /video is mounted on resulted in 60MB/s +/- 1MB/s, so not much different than
your results.

I strongly suspect the 0.10.1 version of ivtv is the most likely culprit at this point.  I hope
to upgrade all the related pieces in the next day or two and try again.  It mainly depends on
A) time to do the work ;-) and B) What Axel has ready to use in atrpms since I use so many
interlocking pieces.

Still, it sounds like I'll want to pursue changes to improve my disk I/O throughput soon, even
if the ivtv fix improves things.

Craig.