[mythtv-users] New forum to discuss MythTV

George Rocklein grocklein at comcast.net
Thu Jun 7 21:36:03 UTC 2007

Lan Barnes wrote:
> On Thu, June 7, 2007 10:55 am, Craig Partin wrote:
>
>> Does anyone else find it odd that this person has never made a single
>> post on this list and yet wants to start a forum with a very generic
>> announcement email?
>>
>> I wonder how many of these other lists have recieved.
>>
>> Hello Everyone,
>>
>> There's a new forum that has been setup to discuss X. The new forum
>> address is http://www.Xforum.com
>>

> Point taken.
>
> In his defense, this is a very high volume list and not everyone has the
> patience, experience, or tool set to manage such an avalanche of helpful
> stuff.
>
> To me, it would be a greater evil to have multiple lists to monitor (I
> have that in the biodiesel world, and it can be annoying).
>
> FWIW, I have a MYTH mailbox they're all dumped into, a myth.save box for
> ones I want to act on, and a myth.temp box for those I want to review to
> see if they're worth saving. This post won't make it to temp ;-)

Nobody's forcing anybody to use the forum, so why all the fuss?  If you
like forums, use it.  If you don't, then don't.  Maybe it'll be useful,
maybe it won't.  Dozens of e-mails copied out to hundreds of users on a
mailing list to discuss the merits of a forum so new that hardly
anyone's posted to it yet doesn't strike me as all that useful either.
; )