[mythtv-users] DVB-T TV-Card Recommendations

Hans Frank hans.frank at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 19:36:18 UTC 2007

Hello,

I am pretty new to mythtv and trying to find out which TV-Card fits
best to my expectations. I mainly want to use mythtv to watch videos,
dvds, play music and so on. I want to watch TV, too - but don't want
to record TV very often (don't has to be the best quality).

So I think a cheap TV-Card would be enough. What about the "Hauppauge
WinTV NOVA-t"? I read the software is mean but about that I don't have
to worry. On linuxtv.org it is listed as working on linux.

Is this a good card to start with (low expactations)? Would you
recommend other models (max. 50 Euros)?

Thanks in advance
Hans