[mythtv-users] Seek Table Question

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jun 7 18:56:18 UTC 2007

On 06/07/2007 02:41 PM, Brian Walter wrote:
> Bryan Mayland wrote:
>
>> I know that the mpeg2recorder
>> (used for PVR-150/500/250/350 capture) flushes the "position map" to the
>> database every 30 keyframes, and every 5 for the 30.
> Thanks!  just out of curiosity, *approx* how often do key frames come
> along?  Give this information, I'm noticing that little *burps* seem to
> happen in some recordings at regular intervals - usually between 10-13
> seconds.  The corruption is in the file - not playback, so I'm looking
> form something that happens on a fairly regular basis.

Generally every 12 or 15 frames (i.e. about every 1/2 second), although
it can be different.  So 30 keyframes happen in about how many seconds?  :)

Sounds like you need to fix up your MySQL server (i.e. make sure it's
not on the drive being used to store the recordings and perform any
desired "optimizations" as described in posts on the list).

Mike