[mythtv-users] New forum to discuss MythTV

David Campbell dave at cpfc.org
Thu Jun 7 17:00:26 UTC 2007

Braindead wrote:
> I've never understood why anyone would want to use a web forum, for every byte of real information you end up transferring 100's of bytes of bloated HTML, graphics, etc.. Sure, most people aren't on dialup anymore, but that's no reason to waste bandwidth.  Same thing that happened with every windoze application out there, bloat bloat bloat.  Anybody remember how fast Wordstar was?.. ;-)

I love the irony of your mailer sending out emails so it looks like crap
when complaining about the inflexibility of webpages.

But I think I agree - this 'internet' thing will never catch on.

Lets stick to a mailing list with all it's top posters, HTML email,
incorrect mime types, people replying to digests, the same questions
being asked over and over again, broken quoting, no quoting, test
messages from gmail, aol blackholing messages, a search powered by our
google overlords or some random COMMERCIAL software vendors etc.

Dave